Have you ever stared at your stuffed closet, frustrated that you can’t seem to pull an outfit together? Have you ever frantically gone shopping for an event, bought something you didn’t love, then let it rot in your closet? If so, this is for you! I know the feeling too well. Both scenarios used to happen to me very often, until I made two crucial changes. First I started renting clothes instead of purchasing them with Le Tote! Then, I cleaned out my closet and threw away everything that I didn’t absolutely love. Now, I have a much easier time pulling together outfits and a much better sense of my personal style!
In my opinion, renting clothes is so much more convenient than only purchasing them. I have been a member of Le Tote for nearly a year, and the experience has really helped me identify and streamline my style. Rather than seemingly always running out and buying pieces that only get worn a few times, I have an unlimited wardrobe! Now when I go shopping, it is usually for my husband. And he is super easy to shop for.
Each month I am subscribed, Le Tote sends me unlimited packages (which are nicknamed totes) of three clothing items and two accessories each. Le Tote has a great selection of basics and statement pieces from contemporary designer brands. Some of my favorite brands Le Tote carries are Lucky Brand, Free People, and BCBGeneration. Each piece in my tote is selected by a stylist, then I can go online and customize the sizes or pick different pieces out depending on my preferences.
The totes have free two day shipping both ways. I can enjoy the pieces as long as I like before sending my tote back and picking out a new one. In addition, all the items are purchasable in case I fall in love with something. I will usually keep the totes anywhere from 5 to 8 days depending on my schedule and what items I receive. I typically I receive 3 to 4 totes per month. At $59/month, each tote costs $15 each!
Through renting with Le Tote, I have been able to do a lot of experimenting with my style. I’ve gotten a better idea of what types of pieces work well in my closet, and what don’t. I’ve tried many different shapes and silhouettes, with varying degrees of success. The more challenging pieces have been fun to style and have helped me learn more about what I feel most confident wearing. I love the flexibility I have to try out trends without committing to a purchase.
As a bonus, I’m giving out free totes to three of my lucky readers! Entering the giveaway is easy, simply 1) subscribe to our e-mail list and 2) leave a comment below to let me know you entered! I’ll randomly select and email the winners on Tuesday, October 4th! Giveaway has closed, thank you to all who entered! Winners will be emailed soon! : )
You can still use my referral link to get $25 off your first tote!
Here are some insider tips on how to make the most of your Le Tote subscription:
- Thoughtfully fill out your style profile and add pieces to your closet – Really think about what information you’re putting in your profile, since your stylist uses the info to pick out your totes. I would recommend measuring your body with a tape measure to get the most up to date measurements. Also consider what pieces will work best for you when adding them to your closet. When I started my Le Tote membership, my first tote was way too dressy for my everyday lifestyle, and I was really disappointed. However, when I went back through my closet and eliminated everything I wouldn’t wear on a random Tuesday, I had much better luck.
- Try new trends and items you’re considering purchasing – The great thing about Le Tote is that you can try before you buy! Take advantage of it by trying out new trends or pieces you are interested in adding to your wardrobe. That way you can have a better idea of what you’re looking for.
- Read size charts and look at pictures – When I’m customizing my tote, I always be sure to go into each item’s description and review the size chart as well as other Tote users’ photos. This gives me a better sense of how the item might look on my body and if I’m getting the right size.
- Choose your pieces according to upcoming events – I love renting dresses or outfits for events I have coming up instead of having to go shopping for something I’ll probably only wear once. I’ll also tailor my tote selections to what I’m up to in the coming week.
- Travel with Le Tote – When you have an upcoming vacation and need some cute tropical pieces, you can rent instead of buying! It’s especially great because if you’re trying to save luggage space, you can mail your tote out before you head home.
- Add extra pieces to your tote – If you’re picking out options for an event, traveling, or a busy week, you can add a clothing piece for $9.99 or accessory for $5.99. I initially signed up for Le Tote to get me through the Christmas season. Most people have way too much shopping to do, and my husband and I are typically all over the place traveling and attending events. In addition, year end is the busiest time in my office. So I thought Le Tote would at least eliminate the stress of figuring out what to wear. It turned out to be a great idea! I added a couple extra items to my tote in order to make sure I had lots of great options without having to go shopping! Here are some of the great options I had last holiday season:
- Use the rule of three – I try to use this rule to pick my totes. I choose one basic, one risk, one in-between clothing piece to make sure my tote isn’t boring, but isn’t too challenging to make outfits with either.
- Wear each piece multiple times – I challenge myself to wear each item I get in my tote as many times as possible. It is great to see how many different outfits I can make with one piece. Might as well make the most of each rental, right?
- Don’t worry about laundry – Another great thing about Le Tote: they launder and sanitize each piece every time it gets sent to a customer. Not having to worry about hand wash or dry clean only items is so convenient.
- Customizing your tote – When I am customizing my tote, if don’t see many exciting pieces available, I will try back in a few hours. Le Tote says best availability is each day from 10am to 1pm. I have really good luck on my lunch break!
- If you receive a tote that you’re not crazy about, send it back right away – Sometimes I go a little off the deep end or make a sizing mistake, and I end up with a tote that doesn’t really work for me. And sometimes I will let it sit around a few days or even a week, trying the pieces on and not wearing them.. But, it is an unlimited service, so there is no reason to do that! By sending the tote right back, I get to pick another better one sooner.
- Rate your totes – There are really detailed options to rate each piece you receive, which helps your stylist understand your sizing and styling better each time. Each time I’m getting ready to pack up my tote, I log on the website and rate each piece before putting it in the provided mailing bag.
- Add new arrivals to your closet before sending your tote back – While I am logged on to the site, I also browse the new arrivals and add whatever I’m interested in wearing to my closet. That way when my stylist picks items for my next tote, she will see the most up to date items in my closet!
- Purchase your favorites… On sale! – I don’t know about you, but I am a bargain gal. Usually I don’t like to spend any more than $30 on a top. So Le Tote’s prices can seem a little steep to me, even though they’re already up to 50% off designer prices. Fortunately, Le Tote has sales at the end of the season. If I really like a piece I’ve received but can’t afford it at the moment, I try to remember to look for it during the next sale!
- Pause service for a week or a month – If you’ll be out of town when your tote arrives, or you just want to take a break, there is an option to pause your service for one week or one month. You can restart anytime! I also wanted to mention that Le Tote isn’t contracted, meaning you can end your service anytime you want.
- Review your closet and style profile periodically – Every few months, I’ll review my preferences to make sure everything is up to date and the way I want it. Since one of my goals in using Le Tote’s service is to better develop my personal style, I like to review my style profile as a quick recap.
- Add insurance if you’re worried about spills or stains – Le Tote’s rental agreement covers normal wear, such as minor stains, missing beads, stuck zippers or other small damages, which I think is great! If you wear your clothes hard, you can add on the insurance for peace of mind.
- If you ever have any question or concern, do not hesitate to reach out to Le Tote. They have all the answers, and great customer service! If you have any questions for me about my experience, let me know! I have been a member for almost a year, and I definitely think I am making the most of my membership.
To enter to win a free Tote, just subscribe to our e-mail list and comment below to let me know you entered! Best of luck! Giveaway has closed, thank you to all who entered! Winners will be emailed soon! : )
You can still use my referral link to get $25 off your first tote!
Participation Rules – Three winners will be chosen randomly the evening of Tuesday, October 4th from post comments. Only email subscribers over the age of 18 who live in the US are eligible to win. If a winner doesn’t respond within one week to claim their prize, a new winner will be chosen at that time.
Giveaway has closed, thank you to all who entered! Winners will be emailed soon! : )
Pin it –