How was your weekend? Yesterday we attended my cousin’s beautiful wedding, and had a little dinner date on the way home. With the lovely wedding yesterday and Valentine’s day this coming week, I’m thinking love is the only thing that can brighten up the dreary winter time. We also have a post coming up this week with some low budget and free dates, so keep an eye out for that!
Here are some romantic and loving links from around the internet ; )
1) someecards’ Valentine’s Day Cards – We like to show our appreciation for friends and family, not just each other, on Valentine’s day! Not all of these are family appropriate, though… Lol!
2) Six Ways White People Can Be Allies During Black History Month – In the past, I might have shied away from talking about Black History Month, thinking that it wasn’t my place to comment. But with so much blatant racism recently on my personal Facebook, I need to find a way to speak up. It is unbelievable the hateful responses that many “friends” and family members have had regarding Trump’s presidency and the Obamas’ departure. I loved this article, because it showed me some great ways to be supportive and look at the world around me with a truer perspective.
3) Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes – These cupcakes look fancy and delicious, but the recipe uses box cake mix! I love the pale pink frosting, so pretty. DJ’s not much of a cupcake guy, so I made a few batches of chocolate chip cookies for him this afternoon. But I will have to try these cupcakes out soon!
4) “We Should Try It” Quiz – This is an interactive sex questionnaire for couples. Once you and your partner answer all the questions about sexual interests and preferences, the website displays only what you’re both into. May be a really good conversation starter for anybody who is shy about communicating.
5) Z: The Beginning of Everything – A new show has caught our eye!! It’s an Amazon Prime original series that dives into the messy and passionate relationship of Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald. The show seems similar to Mad Men, another show we’ve enjoyed. I think watching the first couple episodes would make a good Valentine’s night in…
Best wishes for your week ahead,